Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our New House!!






The past month has been a whirlwind, the walk through, closing, and actually moving into our new house last Saturday-I'm glad it's over and am looking forward to being settled for as long as the Air Force allows. Guys from Kalvin's squadron had me moved out of the storage unit and into the house in 2 hours; granted I didn't have that much furniture-mostly boxes, but still-2 hours!! That was fast!! My parents arrived that night, and proceeded to install blinds and ceiling fans on Sunday. It has been an exhausting week to say the least, I am extremely greatful they were able to come out. Jessie and James had fun investigating their new yard even though it was mostly dirt for a good part of the week. Me being patient for it all to come together has been a feat in itself. Mom and Dad transferred some paving stones from our old backyard into the new one to extend the pation and also planted grass for the dogs. We had to come up with a sprinkler system since grass is not exactly a great landscape material in Arizona. We are excited for Kalvin to come home and see the house.



Kalvin is doing well; almost to the halfway mark for his deployment. Some days drag while others just fly by. I've decided I won't be moving again if he is gone. He works 8 hour shifts 6 days a week enjoying his day off to sleep in, check email and work out. He's said the weather there is tolerable, not quite as hot compared to his previous location, but then again, this time he went in the winter. We are both anxious for him to come home and see/complete the "honey do" list-(probably me more than him). Next on the list is the backyard, a garage door opener, and paint. Oh how fun!!!






No comments: